Income & Franchise Tax
Our State Income and Franchise consultants review your company’s legal structure, facilities, current operations, tax structures and compliance processes, as well as, many other factors to provide solutions to ensure that your company’s tax strategy offers the greatest efficiencies to meet your overall business objectives.
Maxmize your revenue and minimize your tax liability.
Advantous’ state and local tax professionals can assist clients in resolving income and franchise tax compliance concerns while also adding value and minimizing future risk.
Our Team of Experts
Kristian A. Gerrets
Taxpayers, especially those operating in multiple states, must navigate through a complex state and local tax landscape. Aggressive tax enforcement as well as tax laws and policies that are sometimes “fluid” in nature present challenges to businesses in a wide array of industries consistently achieving and maintaining income tax compliance. Advantous’ state and local tax professionals can assist clients in resolving income and franchise tax compliance concerns while also adding value and minimizing future risk.
Income & Franchise Tax Consulting
Apportionment & Revenue Sourcing Assistance
- Assist clients with interpreting and applying complex state revenue sourcing rules
- Advise in determining the correct method by which to report income within each state or local taxing jurisdiction
- Minimize income tax consequences of the transaction
- Facilitate best structure and execute transaction to ensure compliance
- Successfully manage associated tax risk.
Audit Defense & Dispute Resolution Services
- Assist undergoing examinations and audits to mitigate assessments
- Negotiate settlements
- Conclude the examination or audit as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Conduct reviews of tax positions, systems, and structures
- Identify potential exposure to tax risk
- Discuss opportunities for improvement and instances of overpayments.
- Determines legal obligation to register and report/file tax returns within a particular taxing jurisdiction
- Minimize the risk of unnecessarily triggering a legal obligation to register and report/file tax returns during the course of normal day to day operations
- Assists expansion and additional product or service line development.
Negotiation of Voluntary Disclosure Agreements
- Assist with identifying tax exposure
- Advise process of negotiating and securing voluntary disclosure agreements with jurisdictions where liability exists to avoid penalties
- Address any income tax compliance concerns going forward.