External Affairs Associate
Title: External Affairs Associate
Advantous Consulting is seeking an External Affairs Associate to perform a variety of tasks related to internal and external communications and marketing. The duties of the External Affairs Associate include providing support to External Affairs team members, assisting with the coordination and execution of our firm’s communications plans and strategies. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented, and organized. To be successful in this role, you should have strong interpersonal skills, effective time management, be a team player, and be able to think outside the box.
- Assist in the development and execution of communications strategies with the goal of expanding external outreach, ensuring approach aligns with company standards
- Develop engaging, well-designed internal and external graphics & communications materials, including emails, newsletters, infographics, responsive email templates, social media posts, website content and other digital/multimedia communications
- Understand digital channel best practices, including, but not limited to, email, websites, social media, search engine optimization, etc.
- Assist with planning and evaluation of communications strategies within the External Affairs team
- Create presentations for external events and occasionally internal communications
- Attend, support and assist with the execution of team external events and internal meetings
- Track and monitor day-to-day communications including task traffic, deadlines, and analytics
- Update distribution and client lists as needed
- Proofread/edit communications deliverables and provide quality control
- Balance multiple assignments and schedule workload to meet established deadlines
- Keep abreast of communication and marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Senior in Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with both internal/external communications and marketing highly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective project management skills to create, deliver and meet deadlines
- Comfortable collaborating within a team and driving forward on individual tasks, with the capability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with presentation and design applications including PowerPoint, Canva, Photoshop and/or InDesign.