Sales/Use Tax Associate
Sales / Use Tax – Associate
Advantous Consulting, LLC is a leading multi-state tax consulting firm delivering state and local tax solutions for businesses of all sizes. Our consulting and advisory service lines include Sales & Use Tax, Business Incentives, Property Tax, Income & Franchise Tax, and Government Relations. Advantous team members are provided exciting career growth opportunities and a stable work environment that empowers decision making and fosters quality, integrity, trust, and professionalism. Advantous is currently looking to hire an entry-level, full-time Sales &Use Tax Associate.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform research on sales/use tax law to assist with various state and local tax issues
- Keep up to date on current sales/use tax rules, practices and technical issues
- Interacting closely with clients regarding compliance and consulting matters
- Effectively prioritize and manage time and resources for multiple tasks to ensure that work is completed efficiently and accurately.
- Assure timely and accurate filing of monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Maintain supporting documentation and records to ensure proper reporting of tax returns.
- Analyze and reconcile data to support the compliance process
- Assist in sales tax audit defense
- Participate in tax planning and assisting with special tax related projects
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding transactional tax issues and resolutions
- Maintain professional relationships and communication with co-workers and clients
- Manage client deadlines to ensure proper accountability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be a quick learner with strong analytical, research, and organization skills
- Team player with a professional and positive attitude
- Travel as needed to client locations to gather and copy documentation necessary to review and prepare filings.
- Performs various other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field from an accredited university.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- 0-5 years of experience. Sales and Use Tax or audit experience preferred but not required.
- Strong academic credentials
- Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail with assigned tasks
Advantous offers an attractive salary and benefits package including but not limited to, medical insurance, dental, disability, vision, and 401k.